The Mesenchymal Stem Cell Committee strives to:
- Assist in the planning of the annual meeting scientific program and the review of submitted abstracts in the non-hematopoietic stem cell field.
- Review the status of the MSC field and compile a list of major scientific issues that must be addressed to advance or enable cellular therapies utilizing MSCs.
- Foster international discussion about controversies in the MSC field and method standardization.
- Publish position papers and engage in scientific discourse as necessary to advance the field.
Projects and Objectives
- Publish a sequence of MSC review papers in Cytotherapy on immunotherapy, controversies and safety.
- Plan and develop position papers on MSC clinical trial design for publication in 2014.
- Organize international expert panels to openly discuss controversies in the MSC field and drive consensus on scientific and technical principles.
- Contribute to the ISCT Annual Meeting program.
2017 MSC Trials (Members only)
A relativity concept in mesenchymal stromal cell manufacturing. (Cytotherapy 2016 May;18(5):613-20.)
International Society for Cellular Therapy perspective on immune functional assays for mesenchymal stromal cells as potency release criterion for advanced phase clinical trials. (Cytotherapy 2016 Feb;18(2):151-9.)
Immunological characterization of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells--The International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) working proposal. (Cytotherapy 2013 Sep;15(9):1054-61.)
MSCs: science and trials. (Nat Med. 2013 Jul;19(7):812.)
Mesenchymal stromal cells: misconceptions and evolving concepts. (Cytotherapy 2013 Feb;15(2):140-5.)
Limited acquisition of chromosomal aberrations in human adult mesenchymal stromal cells. (Cell Stem Cell. 2012 Jan 6;10(1):9-10; author reply 10-1.)
Minimal criteria for defining multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells. The International Society for Cellular Therapy position statement (Cytotherapy 2006, 8(4): 315-317)
Jacques Galipeau, MD
Chair (June 2016- December 2018)
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, WI, United States
Mauro Krampera, MD
University of Verona
|Katarina Le Blanc, MD, PhD
Karolinska University Hospital
Ivan Martin, PhD
University Hospital Basel
|Jan Nolta, PhD
UC Davis - Stem Cell Program
Sacramento, CA, United States
Donald G. Phinney, PhD
The Scripps Research Institute - Scripps Florida
Jupiter, FL, United States
|Yufang Shi, PhD
Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences
Luc Sensebé, MD, PhD
Establissement Francais Du Sang EFS
|Sowmya Viswanathan, PhD
University Health Network
Toronto, ON, Canada