The Pulmonary Committee strives to:
- Promote cutting-edge pre-clinical science supporting clinical investigations of cell therapies in pulmonary diseases/critical illnesses.
- Develop potency assays for cell therapy agents specifically geared towards use in pulmonary diseases/critical illnesses.
- Promote development and implementation of cell-based therapies for pulmonary diseases/critical illnesses in a careful and considered manner.
- Provide a forum for communication and data/database sharing between investigators involved in clinical investigations of cell therapies for pulmonary diseases/critical illnesses.
- Help maximize scientific and mechanistic data to be obtained in clinical investigations of cell therapies for pulmonary diseases/critical illnesses.
- Take an active stance, in coordination with other relevant organizations, against medical tourism involving putative or proposed cell therapies for pulmonary diseases/critical illnesses.
Click here to view the full charter.
Click here to view the ISCT Core Scientific Committee Charter.
Projects and Objectives
- Biennial white paper
- Organization of pulmonary diseases/critical illness sessions at ISCT meetings
- Statement against medical tourism in pulmonary diseases/critical illnesses
- Coordination of ISCT involvement in other relevant meetings (American Thoracic Society, European Respiratory Society, Vermont Lung Stem Cell Meeting, etc)
Tracheal bioengineering: the next steps. Proceeds of an International Society for Cellular Therapy Pulmonary Cellular Therapy Signature Series Workshop, Paris, France, April 22, 2014 (Cytotherapy 2014, 16:1601-1613)
Daniel J. Weiss, MD, PhD
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT, United States
Samuel Janes, MBBS, MRCP, MSc, PhD
University College London
London, United Kingdom
|Daniel Chambers, MBBS, MRCP, FRACP, MD
The Prince Charles Hospital
|Marcelo Morales, PhD
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Bernard Thébaud, MD, PhD
University of Ottawa
Ottawa, ON, Canada