The Hematopoietic Stem Cell Committee strives to:
- Assist in the planning of the annual meeting scientific program and the review of submitted abstracts in the hematopoietic stem cell field.
- Review the status of the hematopoietic stem cell field and compile a list of major scientific issues that must be addressed to advance or enable emerging cell therapies.
- Publish position papers and engage in scientific discourse as necessary to advance the field.
Projects and Objectives
- Publish one review or position paper on the current practice of Hematopoietic Stem Cells.
- Contribute topics and speakers to the ISCT Annual Meeting.
Elizabeth J. Shpall, MD
Professor, Howard and Lee Smith Chair in Cancer Research
Deputy-Chair, Department of Stem Cell Transplantation
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX, United States
Joanne Kurtzberg, MD
Jerome S. Harris Professor of Pediatrics
Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Specialist
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, NC, United States