ISCT Introduces Advanced Practice Professionals Membership & Committee
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Posted by: ISCT Administrator
The International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) is the largest global cellular therapy society with the mission to drive the translation of cellular therapies for the benefit of patients worldwide. We are excited to announce the newest Committee of ISCT: the ISCT Advanced Practice Professionals (APP) Committee and I would like to introduce myself as the Chair of this newly formed Committee.
With the increasing number of transplants and cellular treatments being developed, there will be a growing need for Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs), Physician Assistants (PAs) and Pharmacists to facilitate the delivery of complex patient care involving cellular therapy. As integral members of the healthcare team, it will become increasingly important to become knowledgeable of new emerging treatment strategies and future trends within the field.
I encourage you to become involved. We will have a dedicated website within the ISCT website that will help meet the educational needs for our highly specialized field, through webinars, journals, and programs such as BEACON Suite of Navigational Tools. It will also be a great opportunity to help promote our professional roles and clinical practice within the field of transplantation, cellular therapy, and regenerative medicine.
We are encouraging all APNs, PAs, and Pharmacists to become affiliate APP members of ISCT and to support our professional growth. Once a member, I then encourage you to become involved within the APP Committee. There will be opportunities to be an active member of a sub-committee or working group within the Committee. There will also be opportunities to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation in future annual meetings. To join the Committee please send a letter of interest and your CV to ISCT Head Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
ISCT Members Enjoy:
• Discounted member rates at ISCT-sponsored events, including webinars, technical workshops, research and clinical symposia, and the ISCT Annual Meeting.
• A yearly subscription consisting of 12 issues to Cytotherapy, the Society's official scientific journal.
• A subscription to Telegraft, the Society's members-only bi-monthly online newsletter.
• Access to a members networking database to connect with your peers.
• Access to BEACON Suite of Navigational Tools - the newly expanded repository of cell therapy resources created by ISCT members, for ISCT members.
• Access to members-only web resources, including presentations and other materials from past ISCT meetings, as well as past webinar recordings.
The ISCT Annual Meetings are the largest international gatherings of cell therapy professionals focusing on the translation of cell therapy. The next ISCT Annual Meeting will be held May 27-30, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. New at this Annual Meeting will be a one-day educational track dedicated to expanding and promoting the knowledge and practice of APPs in the field of cell therapy. Registration opens on September 15th. We look forward to seeing you there!
Tobi Fisher, MPAS, PA-C
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Chair, ISCT Advanced Practice Professionals Committee