The ISCT Executive and Advisory Board Committees are lead by world-class leaders in the cell therapy field.
Asia Regional Executive Committee (view roster)
Australia & New Zealand Regional Executive Committee (view roster)
Europe Regional Executive Committee (view roster)
North America Regional Executive Committee (view roster)
South & Central America Regional Executive Committee(view roster)
Global Executive Committee
The membership of the Executive Committee, as outlined in the bylaws, is as follows:
- Regional Vice Presidents (currently Australia, Asia, Europe, South/Central America, and North America
- Chair of the Advisory Board (the past President)
- Editor of the Journal (ex officio)
- Editor of the Newsletter (ex officio)
The function of the Executive Committee is to:
- Administer and manage the affairs of the Society as required or permitted by the bylaws
- Determine policy, receive committee reports, consider recommendations from the committees or membership, and provide advice to the President and President-Elect in regard to committee and chairperson appointments
- Enter into contracts and authorize expenditures
- Act as a board of censors and grievance committee
The Executive Committee must hold at least four regular meeting per year. Typically it meets every month by teleconference with in-person meetings at the annual meeting in June and at the ASH conference in December.
1. President Elect:
The President-Elect serves a two-year term after which succession to President for a further two-year term is automatic. The President-Elect is a member of the Executive Committee and performs the duties of the President in his/her absence or incapacity.
The office of the President-Elect and the President is strongly supported by the administrative staff at the ISCT Head Office.
2. Regional Vice Presidents:
The Regional Vice-Presidents represents his/her region as a member of the ISCT Executive Committee. The Regional VP is responsible for representing ISCT in their region, representing their regional interests to ISCT, and recruiting new members from the region.
The function of the Secretary is described in the bylaws as follows:
- The Secretary will keep a permanent record of the meetings and the transactions of the Executive Committee and the Society including any reports that may be required under applicable federal, state, or local law.
- The Secretary will conduct the correspondence and perform all duties that pertain to the office of the Secretary.
The office of the Secretary is strongly supported by the administrative staff at the ISCT Head Office. For example, on behalf of the Secretary, the Head Office archives the permanent records of meetings and transactions of the Executive Committee.
The function of the Treasurer is described in the bylaws as follows:
- The Treasurer will be responsible for the collection, receipt, custody and disbursement of all funds and securities of the Society and will act as the fiscal consultant to the Society.
- At the annual business meetings of the Executive Committee and Society, the Treasurer will make a report in writing and orally of the monies received and expended and a detailed statement of the financial condition of the Society.
- The Treasurer will assist the Executive Committee in the development and presentation of the budget of the Society for the ensuing term.
- The Treasurer shall also perform all other duties incident to the office of Treasurer.
The office of the Treasurer is strongly supported by the administrative staff at the ISCT Head Office, which assumes much of the day-to-day aspects of the Treasurer's duties including the "collection, receipt, custody, and disbursement of all funds". However there is payment approval and financial reporting mechanism in place which retains the Treasurer’s supervisory and management role over the Society’s finances.
An audit of ISCT financial records is conducted annually.
As a matter of practice, the Treasurer is asked to report on the Society’s financial matters at each Executive Committee teleconference and to report on the financial statements twice per year: once at the in-person meeting at ASH Annual Meeting and once at the in-person meeting at the ISCT Annual Meeting. These financial statements are drafted by the Head Office for the Treasurer’s review and revision prior to delivery to the Executive Committee.
The membership of the Advisory Board, as outlined in the bylaws, is as follows:
- The past President
- The past Regional Vice Presidents
- Past Secretary
- Past Regional Secretary
- Past Regional Treasurer
- Two elected MD/PhD members
- Two elected senior technologist members
- One elected industry member
- Current Executive Committee (ex officio)
- Editor(s) of the Journal (ex officio)
- Editor of the Newsletter (ex officio)
The function of the Advisory Board is to:
- Provide input from the membership
- Advise the President and Executive Committee regarding long range development and policies of the Society
- Make recommendations regarding honorary memberships and recognition awards
The Advisory Board meet twice per year at in December and the Annual ISCT meeting in May/June.
The Advisory Board provides advice and input to the President and Executive Committee on the long-range development and policies of ISCT. Each representative sits on the Advisory Board for two years. Click here to view the current ISCT Advisory Board members.